Lash extensions consist of natural or synthetic hairs being attached to your natural lashes. They increase your eye lash length approximately 30 to 50% thicker and 20 to 50% longer. The experience is relaxing and the results are immediate and gorgeous. You have options as to how thick and how long your lashes are. They usually last 3 to 5 weeks but it depends on your care and the rate your own lashes are replaced. Maintaining your lash extensions will require regular visits to attach new extensions (fill-in) to your own eyelashes as your eyelash growth cycle regenerates new lashes. To increase the longevity of your lashes, it is advised to avoid moisture and touching as much as possible.
There are a few things you should do before you come in for your first set of lashes:
Length of Appt.: Approximately 90 minutes for full set and as little as 30 minutes for the touch ups.
Sessions Needed: As many as desired
Check Up Appt.: None needed.
Medical Clearance Needed: None needed.
Lasts: Your lash extensions are applied to your natural lashes and as they shed you will need to come in for touch ups about once every 2 weeks or so.
Purpose: To give you the effortless look of gorgeous and glamorous long lashes and save you the time of using mascara, lash curlers and other lash enhancement products.
Indications: To have beautiful thick lashes 24 hours a day 7 days a week. No make-up required.
• Seasonal allergies that result in watery and sensitive eyes
• Allergies to any of the products used.
• Eye infections
• Any condition that makes closing eyes difficult such as Bells Palsy.
• If you have experienced shaking, twitching or erratically movement of the eyes
• Hormonal imbalances.
• Pregnancy or breast feeding.
• Strong medications such as antibiotics could shorten the length of time the extensions will last.
• Chemotherapy Treatments within the last 6 months.
• Blepharoplasty ask your physician as it may have sensitivity to eyelash extensions and products used for prepping the eye area glues, gel pads.
• Weak, thin eyelashes (But don’t give up because there are lash growing products we can recommend and apply lashes within 2 months.)
• If you have dry skin around your eyes area. The moisturizers you use will shorten the longevity of the lashes.
• Oily skin and hair can shorten lash longevity.