Lash extensions consist of natural or synthetic hairs being attached to your natural lashes. They increase your eye lash length approximately 30 to 50% thicker and 20 to 50% longer. The experience is relaxing and the results are immediate and gorgeous. You have options as to how thick and how long your lashes are. They usually last 3 to 5 weeks but it depends on your care and the rate your own lashes are replaced. Maintaining your lash extensions will require regular visits to attach new extensions (fill-in) to your own eyelashes as your eyelash growth cycle regenerates new lashes. To increase the longevity of your lashes, it is advised to avoid moisture and touching as much as possible.
There are a few things you should do before you come in for your first set of lashes:
- If you use waterproof mascara, avoid using it 2-3 days before your first appointment. The film it leaves on your lashes may prevent the extensions from adhering correctly.
- Arrive to your appointment with dry, clean lashes and makeup-free eyes.
- Remove contact lenses before your appointment.
- During the initial 24-48 hours after your appointment, as part of your home care after they are applied you avoid certain things:
- Do not get your lashes wet for 24 hours after the lash extensions are applied. It will affect the efficacy of the glue.
- Avoid steam from showers, facials, saunas and swimming pools.
- Avoid getting moisture around the eye area when washing face, showering etc.
- Avoid tanning beds for 48 hours after application.
- Avoid chemical peels, waxing or laser treatments around the eyes.
General guidelines to extend the life of your lashes:
- Avoid using oil-based skincare and makeup products around the eye, including mascara and makeup remover.
- Avoid waterproof mascara. If you can, it is better not to use any mascara at all. You may find you don’t even need it!
- Avoid running water over your face. Moisture will break down the bond of the glue.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes or lashes, especially when washing your face. It is recommended to clean around the eye area with a washcloth or cotton swab (Q-tip).
- Avoid using an eyelash curler. One of the benefits of lash extensions is the ability to add curl to your lashes. If you would like more curl, please speak to your technician.
- If you can, sleep on your back to avoid the risk of lashes rubbing against your pillow.
- Gently brush your lashes with a mascara wand to groom them. The best time to do this is after showering, as they will be softer and less likely to damage.
- Avoid pulling your lashes, and do not attempt to remove them yourself. If you would like them removed, please contact your technician.
If you experience any pain, redness or irritation, contact your technician.
They are a super way to make your morning work regiment a little easier, saving you time and making you look even better than you do already.
- Length of Appt.: Approximately 90 minutes for full set and as little as 30 minutes for the touch ups.
- Sessions Needed: As many as desired
- Check Up Appt.: None needed.
- Medical Clearance Needed: None needed.
- Results: Immediate.
- Lasts: Your lash extensions are applied to your natural lashes and as they shed you will need to come in for touch ups about once every 2 weeks or so.
- Purpose: To give you the effortless look of gorgeous and glamorous long lashes and save you the time of using mascara, lash curlers and other lash enhancement products.
- Indications: To have beautiful thick lashes 24 hours a day 7 days a week. No make-up required.
• Seasonal allergies that result in watery and sensitive eyes
• Allergies to any of the products used.
• Eye infections
• Any condition that makes closing eyes difficult such as Bells Palsy.
• If you have experienced shaking, twitching or erratically movement of the eyes
• Hormonal imbalances.
• Pregnancy or breast feeding.
• Strong medications such as antibiotics could shorten the length of time the extensions will last.
• Chemotherapy Treatments within the last 6 months.
• Blepharoplasty ask your physician as it may have sensitivity to eyelash extensions and products used for prepping the eye area glues, gel pads.
• Weak, thin eyelashes (But don’t give up because there are lash growing products we can recommend and apply lashes within 2 months.)
• If you have dry skin around your eyes area. The moisturizers you use will shorten the longevity of the lashes.
• Oily skin and hair can shorten lash longevity.